Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Should abortion be legal? by Snow_Dog
  •    Pro life or pro choice?

I am uncomfortable with the idea of abortion, but I firmly believe that it should be the woman in question's choice, and she should be able to get one in a safe place. No one is proud of it, but it's better than hoping for an adoption or chaining your life back because you have to care for a child.

Edit

#121 2011-11-30 23:45:10

France    Fontinelle

Re: Should abortion be legal?

@SgtPeppers 

Then there are adoptions and places that will take children, and if a woman is not ready to have a child, then she should not have sex.

#122 2011-11-30 02:54:45

Canada    SgtPeppers

@Fontinelle 

That is an unforgivable generalization, laziness would not be the driving factor, cost would be, as a child is far more expensive then most people can reasonably afford until they have a professional job (Not minimum wage). Also, if you look at the group most likely to have abortions, namely those University age and younger, they have not usually matured enough to be able to raise a child, nor are they (At least those at the younger end of the spectrum) physiologically prepared to have healthy children, this is why children of teenage mothers are more likely to suffer mental disabilities or physical deformity.

#123 2011-11-30 01:11:23

France    Fontinelle

Abortion is ridiculous process that shows how lazy people have become, rather to kill thier unborn child than raise it.

#124 2011-11-02 19:06:54

Canada    SgtPeppers

Expert, their is absolutely no point in me sending this response directly to you, as you will be unable to read it, I have no clue what could be wrong, although the problem might be that I use a mac and other people might not be. If you would like, I could try sending a copy of my responses as a PM so that you can read them, otherwise simply remember what debates you have posted in and do a brief check for responses from me
Sincerely, SgtPeppers

If anyone else reads this, can you please repost it directly to Expert so I can be sure he gets it.

#125 2011-11-02 15:45:54

United States    The Expert

@SgtPeppers 

I have 17 unread messages, mainly from you, and it won't let me access them.

The Expert.

#126 2011-11-02 00:13:31

Canada    SgtPeppers

@jesuschrist 

So they believed in your god and the same rules that the new testament repeats, but they are somehow not connected to you, at least until there is something moral in the story, then they are important figures.

No I am not getting error messages, but for some reason messages keep reappearing after I delete them and it shows them as gone, try simply following to the debate I posted in.

#127 2011-11-01 22:10:05

Russia    NikoLStak

If the woman has been raped, okay.

But in other case, that bitch who want to kill her baby only have to assume her responsabilities. It should be an obligation to get the baby and then, take care of it or get him another family I don't care but it's inacceptable to destroy the life you began because of negligence. Of course if the condom has been ineffecive and your pills replaced with candies... It's something else.

#128 2011-11-01 21:03:33

United States    jesuschrist

@SgtPeppers these men were not christians. and they appear in the old testament : I believe that the new testament is the true part that defines christianity.

And, I keep having "errors" on the messages you send me. But it only happens with you, not with the other users. Does is do the same thing to you?

#129 2011-10-27 01:41:18

Canada    SgtPeppers

@jesuschrist 

What basis do you possibly have to say uneducated, all you can assume based on the fact they got pregnant is that they made one mistake, in fact, if you consider the (albeit tiny) chance of taking precautions which fail, then it could be a well educated person who took precautions.

Can I also point out you would defer to god, his stance on reproduction is not very moral, Abraham, Isaac, David, Solomon, virtually all the major biblical family heads were polygamists, is that a moral interpretation of women's rights.

#130 2011-10-26 21:36:59

@frankpeng yeah but we're not talking of a stranger taking the decision instead of the mother. I said that only GOD can decide whether a human being should live or not. An uneducated young mother shouldn't have to decide.

And you're saying that a judge should take the decision. Imagine a judge saying "death", or "life". That would be a step back of 2000 years!

892cap012.jpg

#131 2011-10-25 00:26:56

Canada    frankpeng

@jesuschrist 

The only justice is coming from the court. You cannot expect some one more just than a court. That is Hilter and Gaddafi. Gaddafi thinks he is better for Libya people.

#132 2011-10-23 03:23:20

Canada    SgtPeppers

@jesuschrist

What about for a teen/single mother who cannot afford a child, or who cannot afford the time off work/school to have the child, should they be forced.

As an after thought, if you include rape as one of few exemptions, you do not reduce the number of abortions, you increase the number of false claims of rape. If you say, you have to have this child unless you were raped, then many women, especially teens, might lay false charges to get the exemption.

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2011-10-23 03:26:32)

#133 2011-10-22 21:45:09

@jesuschrist 

That is tangent to the primary question of this debate, which is are you in favour of legalized abortion and what limits should exist on abortions. What is your opinion on the issue?

@SgtPeppers Easy : NEVER allow abortion, exept for a rape, severe deformation or desease of the baby, and risk and death for the mother.

#134 2011-10-21 23:37:37

Canada    SgtPeppers

@jesuschrist 

That is tangent to the primary question of this debate, which is are you in favour of legalized abortion and what limits should exist on abortions. What is your opinion on the issue?

#135 2011-10-21 21:49:33

@frankpeng that would be even less moral!! The main argument against abortion is that a women should not have to decide wheter her child should live or not. It's even worst if the decision is taken by a judge!!! neutral

#136 2011-10-15 04:53:53

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers LOL. Obviously I knew you were being sarcastic. Anyway, we did not persecute your group, that was fanatical christians or at least people who thought they were doing Gods work when in actual fact they were doing the complete opposite to what Jesus said to do. So they were not true Christians or at least not in the eyes of us moderate Christians who, as I said were the ones who saved your areses and who had nothing to do with your persecution. So what I said still stands.

#137 2011-10-14 13:44:02

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup 

I was being sarcastic, you cannot claim credit for ending discrimination against a group after centuries of persecuting said group.

#138 2011-10-14 12:40:59

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers Well I am glad we settled what us secular peacefull Christians have done for you atheists in the form of saving you guys from the crazy fanatics of many religions.

#139 2011-10-13 14:04:40

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup 

Oh, thank you for giving us rights, considering atheists and scientists for centuries have been targeted by christians.

#140 2011-10-13 06:32:25

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers I never ignore your points. I value them and respond to every one I can. And are you going to respond to what I have just posted about the rights that the Secular Liberal Christians like me, and the ones in Western Governments, give to you Atheists?

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com