Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Society - Room 1
  • » Should abortion be legal? by Snow_Dog
  •    Pro life or pro choice?

I am uncomfortable with the idea of abortion, but I firmly believe that it should be the woman in question's choice, and she should be able to get one in a safe place. No one is proud of it, but it's better than hoping for an adoption or chaining your life back because you have to care for a child.

Edit

#221 2011-08-21 00:09:32

United Kingdom    depresser

Re: Should abortion be legal?

The pro-lifers on this thread just do not seem to understand what is aborted. It is not yet a human being, just has the capability of human life. It has no conscious thought, feels no pain and is little more than a colony of bacteria. It is living off and growing from a woman whom may not want it to be there and in this sense is like a parasite. Just saying it has the capability for life means almost nothing. Every time someone jacks off, millions of sperm with the capability of creating life die, does anyone shout murder at this? Of course not! Abortion also has many benefits to society in general. It helps prevent colossal population growth, helps cut down crime and also decreases poverty. Remember, IT IS THE WOMAN'S BODY. She has the right to do with it what she wants to. If abortion was illegal, people will still try to have abortions anyways, leading to self inflicted sterilization, death and the growth of a black market for abortion. Abortion being legal protects those people.

#222 2011-08-15 12:09:16

Australia    PatrickDup

@Snow_Dog We are much better to them as the dominant race then they ever were to us when they were in power in their certain areas of influence.
Example - The 7th,8th,9th,10th century Arab Muslim invasions of the Byzantine Greek Empire, Spain and South Western France and the genocide of Greek people inhabiting the Empire and the Spanish, Ostro Gothic and Frankish inhabitants of Spain and France; The 11th century Seljuk turkish invasions of the Byzantine Empire and the genocide of its Greek people; The 11th-15th century Ottoman Turkish invasions of South Eastern Europe and the genocide and subjugation of its Greek and Slavic peoples; The Turkish (Young Turk) genocide of the Greek inhabitants of Anatolia; The African Zulu invasions of British territory in South Africa, (As the Zulus at that time came from out of British territory from further North of South Africa); The Japanese invasions of European holdings in the Pacific and the horrible treatment of European and European American soldiers and the attacks on sovereign U.S. territory.

These are but a fraction of the violent things that non Western World European Europoids have done to Western World Europoids.

I suggest that after you reply to this message that you refer to the debate that I started, "Europeans most advanced?", and we can continue our debate there and please tell me if you do wish to do that so dont leave me wondering please. "OUS".

#223 2011-08-13 20:49:29

United States    Snow_Dog

@PatrickDup So, you don't want abortion because there aren't enough white people? Frankly, the world needs to kick us out of our chair as the dominant race, we've been assholes for the last few centuries. (and yes, I am white)

#224 2011-08-01 03:25:19

United States    Gishkiman

@tomek 

Its not that it is stupid, its that when an embryo is within the legal limits of being aborted, it is basically the same as, (not a virus, I'll admit) but a bacteria. Or an amoeba. Or any number of the incredibly simple forms of life that people feel fine killing in any other circumstance. It's not like I'm saying that the doctor should be allowed to strangle the baby right after its born, I'm saying that the baby lacks essentially what makes it human while it is still elligible to be aborted. I would like to thank you, however, for answering my comment with an intelligent question, its so hard to come by people who can argue this topic intelligently.

#225 2011-07-29 01:17:18

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup 

I did not say born with no head,  I said developed, meaning it can still be aborted

#226 2011-07-29 00:09:59

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers The moment it was born without a head i guess.

#227 2011-07-26 02:22:35

Canada    SgtPeppers

Let me ask a question  of the pro lifers

If a zygote is, in your opinion a human, if that Zygote grew into an embryo which did not grow a head, or something similar, is it still a human life and if not, when did it become no longer living?

#228 2011-07-25 18:32:46

Canada    davidloughe

People try to get food to countries with need. They're called charities. Unfortunately, not a lot of people donate.

#229 2011-07-22 05:37:11

Mexico    searma17

@davidloughe 

Of course not magically. Science has made a big progress in the last century. Can someone honestly tell it is IMPOSSIBLE for the world to produce more? This made me remember that person who said: "all that could be invented, is already invented", at the begining of the XX century.

About the second thing you said, I think that's a matter of resources distribution, which is not the case to be discussed just right now.

#230 2011-07-21 11:43:29

Canada    davidloughe

@searma:

"SCIENCE" does not magically provide food and land for overpopulation. The world is way too overpopulated, and if all humans were equal in food consumption as people in Europe and North America, then we would have a ton of problems. I think it should be an option to have an abortion, as circumstances are widely varied and it is impossible to cover all the "exceptions".

Last edited by davidloughe (2011-07-21 11:44:07)

#231 2011-07-21 04:04:40

Mexico    searma17

That argument that says the world cannot stand more and more humans anymore is very funny. I mean, we have SCIENCE which can surely propose techniques to provide us with more. More food, more water, more everything. Birth control, mmmm, not quite a good argument.

Now, even though a zigoto may not be a human being already, they are, for sure, living-beings which are NOT part of the mother's body, bot only beings that depend on it. Those beings, since they are to become humans, shall be protected by all of us. Getting rid of them is Murder. Period.

By the way, according to this argument, babies that come from raped women are not any different from a babies that do not. Abortion in any case is equally terrible.

Last edited by searma17 (2011-07-21 04:06:26)

#232 2011-07-21 02:19:47

Netherlands    sex_beast91

@Rashid I totally agree agree

#233 2011-07-19 22:59:47

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup 

Beings without sin. This makes the egregious assumption that sin exists, which implies moral absolutes, which only really exist in the minds of crazy people.

I will say it again, I would not care, I have far more disconcerting things to be concerned about. You say you do not understand me, I have yet to encounter anyone who does.

@Pheyniex  I fully agree with your last sentence, as for the rest, point of clarification, we have hit that point where the population is to high, we now consume every year what it takes 1.3 to replenish, the only remedy is education in the 3rd world, without it people will just keep having to many children for sustainability

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2011-07-19 23:05:30)

#234 2011-07-19 11:44:57

United States    Rashid

If a woman is raped she should be allowed to have an abortion. This is but one of an extraordinary circumstance where I agree that abortion should be legal. However if a woman simply does not want the responsibility, then no, it's just wrong.

Last edited by Rashid (2011-07-19 11:45:33)

#235 2011-07-17 22:25:32

Portugal    Pheyniex

though question since unwanted births gave problems to mankind. either way, i feel there are two sides to this. If a woman wants to abort she most probably did not take any measures to avoid it, ie, didn't bother to use conterceptives. But if she isn't in no condition to care for the child, i would think is is legitimate for her to make such choice.

As animals we are very strange. My abstract point of view in this is the following: sex/reproduction is how human beings manage to perpetuate the species, as any other living animal/plant/fungus/etc. Curiously, we have adapted extremely well. So well, we are straining every resource our planet offers. We are starting to become too many. This may not have so much to do with abortion, but i hope we don't get to the point where population has to be controlled by abortion because i think this matter will become too serious.

As conclusion, yes, i think a woman should make the choice, but it would be preferable to give that child to adoption.

#236 2011-07-12 14:32:14

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers Why on earth would you not care? My god babies are such inocent beings without any sin. How could you not care if one of your girlfriends aborted your flesh and blood. No offence man but i dont get you. People have problems with me and how i view different races and my keen interest in everything destructive and warlike but you would watch as the fruit of your own loins was ripped apart and sucked out with a vacum suction device.

#237 2011-07-10 17:24:01

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup

That is exactly what I am saying

#238 2011-07-10 11:40:42

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers Understood, except for when you said that you wouldn't care. Did you mean if you got a girl pregnant, and i realise you said you wouldn't be stupid enough, but hypothetically if you did, are you saying that you wouldn't care if she aborted it?

#239 2011-07-08 21:14:19

Canada    SgtPeppers

@PatrickDup 

I agree that it is less than ideal and that they should place a limit, barring, circumstance such as if baby will be born with a defect that will result in a miserable life for it or the safety of the mother. But making it totally illegal after a point crosses the line. As for your hypothetical, you clearly do not know anything about how my mind functions if you think I would care (or be stupid enough to get her pregnant)

#240 2011-07-05 04:55:52

Australia    PatrickDup

@SgtPeppers Once again very good points mr peppers, but you are wrong, at 8 weeks the fetus' heart is working, showing brain function and therefor life. At 4 weeks it has lung stimulation but not breathing, but this is to stimulate lung function later on, and this still shows brain function thus life. The only time an abortion or contraception should be used is before the first 4 weeks of a pregnancy. Such as the pill you mentioned. After that abortion is immoral and should be illegal. ALL OF YOU ASK YOURSELVES THIS QUESTION. IF YOU AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND INADVERTANTLY CREATED A PREGNANCY, SO IF SHE GOT PREGNANT, AND YOU WANTED TO KEEP THE BABY AND SHE ABORTED IT, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL. I CAN TELL YOU ALL NOW YOU WOULD FEEL SHIT. LIKE YOU JUST LOST A CHILD. NO WOMAN OR MAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO ABORT A BABY.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com