Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Religion - Room 1
  • » Evolutionism vs Creationism by valdo

• Genesis 1:1 quotemark1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. quotemark2
    I think that the darwin theory has some gaps, but that they have been dramatized by the media.

The missing link has never been found and when scientists said that they found it well it was mistaken with an other animal...  lol
    Yeah, hum2 , but that doesn't prove anything. It's normal that's it's very hard to find a squeleton of a creature who died hundreds of millions of years ago in the middle of Africa.

My arguments for evolution:

If you believe that their is no evolution, you believe that there is no evolution among animals : so you believe that Dinosaures and cows have lived together:

sansrezf.png

nono No way!!!

In addition, evolution among animal species has been PROVEN. Why? Because we can date any squeleton and rock we find. And with this we managed to date precisely the amount of time a species  lived and we can date when it appeared and disappeared. And it's very easy to prove that a lot of species disappeared.

evolution1.jpg

Look at the facts!!! Stop being blind!! paper
    That doesn't mean God didn't create the earth.

Edit

#121 2011-07-09 08:01:15

United Kingdom    kazak

Re: Evolutionism vs Creationism

@ Kazak,Quite the opposite Valdo, I reverted to Islam at 50,your belief in evolution is based on your disbelief in God,for me I realised that the Quaran couldn't have been wrote by a man,but I like your figure of 1011001110100,produced by a man/woman-scientist/professor/doctor/very clever person,
Do you want to buy an amazing product off me,it's 1011001110100% successful,1011001110100% safe,1011001110100% effective,1011001110100% proven,it costs 1011001110100 a minute so is value for money and it dismisses God as a "flying beard man" so sign here, next believing fool please:omg:

#122 2011-07-08 21:07:01

Canada    SgtPeppers

@kazak 

In the early formation of this solar system, there were dozens of Pluto-Mars sized planetoids, they eventually began colliding and merging, forming the inner planets. The amount of water on this planet could be much greater or much less and life could still form in either case. The comets did not, repeat did not contain life as we understand it, they only contained organic matter, which eventually, after millions of years of chemical reactions, one reaction created organic matter with the ability to divide itself and we thus have the basis of life

Evolution then causes life to speciate.

This is all proven by scientists, who span almost every discipline, ethnicity, nationality and yes, religion, this is not some pseudo-science

Note: before you bring in probability math to disprove the odds of these occurrences, these are situations not governed by probability but by the electro magnetic force, so any calculation is an utter waste of time

Finally, claims that we cannot explain it all are not foundations to disprove us, claim and believe whatever you wish, however freedom of speech is not akin to being taken seriously, if you have hard proofs against part of our theories, please present them to peer review by scientists and if they are legitimate the theories can be altered to fit the evidence, this is the beautiful part of our scientific method.

#123 2011-07-08 18:55:54

Spain    valdo

@kazak that is soooo ignorant. It's not because you don't understand a thing that you have a believe in a flying beard man... Do you understand how works a computer??? A combination of on/off signals. The current is on, the current is off. 1011001110100 and with only this binary code, the computer executes extremely complicated tasks... How does a tv work? How does a camera work? Those things you probably don't understand, but it doesn't mean that they don't exist. The only reason you believe in God is because you were told as a child or teenager that if you didn't, you would spend eternity in hell. evil

#124 2011-07-08 15:52:04

United Kingdom    kazak

so evolution started when ice that just happened to be floating about space crashed into earth,without knocking earthing out of position or destroying it,then there was exactly enough water to the last drop to produce the sea's ,not enough to flood earth or to slightly cover earth,amazing,wait there's more and this ice  god knows where from contained life,that's enough for me,i'm totally convinced that evolution is true, LOL:nono:

#125 2011-07-06 06:37:25

India    samudragupt

@americaneag 

bigger-boat.jpg

#126 2011-07-06 06:34:25

India    samudragupt

atheist.jpg?t=1241813167

#127 2011-07-05 00:45:12

United States    americaneag

@jorgepl  

I am convinced that humans will eventually come to understand the mechanics of everything, just as we have with all that we know now. 

I disagree strongly. diagree
We will never understand infinity. There are no boundaries in space. That's just stupid. It's just dark. However I believe that all the matter is concentrated in one single spere (our univers, infinite to us but nothing in the infinite space). There I made a drawing smile

51625933.png

I think that you fail to acknoledge that things happen beyond our understanding. You're acting as if you understand the fact that at one point there were no laws of physics... But that just planely impossible.

As for religion, it's more than an alternative explanation of natural phenomenons. It preaches generally good values, who help to maintain coherency in our societies. And yeah I think religion helped us a lot.

#128 2011-07-05 00:09:37

Mexico    jorgepl

@americaneag
Well, the way you understood my posting wasn't what I meant. Quantum physics is a lot more than mathematical philosophy, even if it's more complex than the average person can really grasp. The great Richard Feynman famously said: "If you think you understand quantum physics, you don't understand quantum physics." As a way to bring together classic relativity theory and quantum physics, there is an alternative model that posits that the universe may be finite and still have no boundaries, very much like the surface of a sphere. According to this model, the universe could have begun at one point (one of the poles, for instance), will expand until reaching its maximum size (roughy at the equator) and then contract again to a single point (the other pole). The interesting thing about this model is that it does not require singularities to be factored in and it relates very nicely to the observable universe. I do not believe in the need of any gods for understanding what goes on around us. I am convinced that humans will eventually come to understand the mechanics of everything, just as we have with all that we know now. A secondary reason of mine for not believing in any religion or god is History: religion has a horrible track record in terms of bringing people together or encouraging free thinking.

#129 2011-07-04 23:32:37

Canada    SgtPeppers

@americaneag 

Let me ensure my understanding, because modern science cannot say with 100% certitude what occurred (although they do have a very consistant, if hard to prove, idea) you are willing to follow a bronze age superstition of a big imaginary friend in the sky. A deity is the death of thought, since any question as to why, rather than being explained, has one unknown factor answered by another. Where wild we be if great minds, rather than testing and showing cause/effect, simply answered every question with "God does it". The answer is, we would have to have this argument by sending pieces of paper via pigeon. An intellectual dark age with no end.

#130 2011-07-04 22:11:57

@jorgepl Well that's kind of what I was trying to say, exept that my point was that since we know that the creation of the univers before the big bang did not obey to the laws of physics, we all have to admitt that somehting, somewhere, happened in a "magic" way. There is absolutely NO explanation whatsoever of what happened before the big bang. Exept some ballshit theories, like the one you were talking about, which is not science at all, it's more mathematical philosophy... kind of. Basically it says that if it didn't happen, there woul never have been anything, so it mathematically HAD to happen one day. Yeah, but... how? This is why I believe in a higher power. Even if he doesn't care about us.

#131 2011-06-30 03:49:25

Mexico    jorgepl

@americaneag 

It is interesting that you should mention both the laws of Physics and the Big Bang. You mention that, before the Big Bang, the whole of the matter and energy that make up the universe were concentrated in a single place, "like a tennis ball, only smaller". Actually, this is a big deal, because it was waaay smaller than a tennis ball, a point with dimension "0". It is vital to understand this, because anything that happened at that point (prior to the Big Bang) did not occur as per the laws of Physics that regulate our universe. Because of this, such a state is known as "a singularity", and the laws of Physics cannot tell us anything about it. By its own definition, this singularity can have no direct bearing (as in cause-effect) on our physical universe and can therefore be excluded from consideration. Hawking's "Theory of Everything" does a masterful job of explaining this very difficult concept in as simple a form as can be reasonably expected for such a complex concept. After the Big Bang, matter behaves in such a way that no god is needed (it has even been said that the universe did not have a choice but to exist... or, jokingly, that god had no choice but to create the universe). Before that (during the singularity), even the hypothetical existence of a creator god could not have any effect on our physical universe, on account that he existed in a singularity that is effectively disconnected from our universe.

#132 2011-06-27 19:53:49

India    samudragupt

creationistPosterFull.png?width=723&height=600

quotemark1 To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today. quotemark2 Isaac Asimov  

#133 2011-06-27 19:49:42

India    samudragupt

3084844235_0deca8840b.jpg?width=385&height=402

#134 2011-06-27 16:40:45

@Doo Pee I don't get it... If you believe that there as no evolution how can religion bother you? hum

#135 2011-06-27 16:38:39

@jorgepl Do you know the basic law physics? lavoisier said quotemark1 nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed quotemark2

The big bang theory says that before the big bang, all the matter in the world was concentrated in one single place, similar to a tennis ball, but much smaller. However, the theory doesn't explain where does this matter come from, and therfor fails to explain the most important thing : since matter can't be created, this matter was always here, which is impossible according to our laws of physics. So, at one moment in the history of our univers, something, somewhere, has worked in disagreement with the laws of physics. And that, buddy, you must concur with. paper

Last edited by americaneag (2011-06-27 16:39:08)

#136 2011-06-23 20:43:20

United Kingdom    depresser

@SgtPeppers. Figure of speech dude. Interesting point though.

#137 2011-06-23 15:41:43

Canada    SgtPeppers

@depresser 

For the first time I must take issue with your argument, religion is not a corruption, where it can be reversed, it is a perversion which has manipulated these people to such an extent that the only medical remedy to their learned stupidity and irrationality would be severing the aortic artery (I would say brain stem, but I think we all can guess why that method would not work on a creationist)

#138 2011-06-22 22:01:50

@SgtPeppers yeah, tail between their legs. Even though they know that they are on the loosing side in terms of evidence, they declare their beliefs as truth. They are corrupted.

#139 2011-06-21 22:33:47

Canada    SgtPeppers

@depresser 

Just speculating but I think they finally gave up on this debate

#140 2011-06-19 20:59:40

@SgtPeppers lol could not have put it better myself.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com