Current events  
 Religion 
 Technology 
 Countries 
 Politics 
 Society 
 Other 

There are currently no top
rated posts : don't forget you can "thumb" up or down posts.

Website intro. Please login or register (it's very fast and free).

• Index
  • » Religion - Room 1
  • » Evolutionism vs Creationism by valdo

• Genesis 1:1 quotemark1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. quotemark2
    I think that the darwin theory has some gaps, but that they have been dramatized by the media.

The missing link has never been found and when scientists said that they found it well it was mistaken with an other animal...  lol
    Yeah, hum2 , but that doesn't prove anything. It's normal that's it's very hard to find a squeleton of a creature who died hundreds of millions of years ago in the middle of Africa.

My arguments for evolution:

If you believe that their is no evolution, you believe that there is no evolution among animals : so you believe that Dinosaures and cows have lived together:

sansrezf.png

nono No way!!!

In addition, evolution among animal species has been PROVEN. Why? Because we can date any squeleton and rock we find. And with this we managed to date precisely the amount of time a species  lived and we can date when it appeared and disappeared. And it's very easy to prove that a lot of species disappeared.

evolution1.jpg

Look at the facts!!! Stop being blind!! paper
    That doesn't mean God didn't create the earth.

Edit

#141 2011-06-19 20:58:55

United Kingdom    depresser

Re: Evolutionism vs Creationism

@SgtPeppers England is going to the dogs. 50 years ago, progress was encouraged and creationism was dying. Now we have gang culture and religion is overprotected.

#142 2011-06-19 20:26:17

Canada    SgtPeppers

@depresser 

If you expect a reply, be prepared for the confused blather that shows either a conservative in the states talking about Paul Revere or a creationist who has realized that they have nothing to argue with

#143 2011-06-18 20:51:17

@SgtPeppers lol, yeah i was hoping to get a reply to see how he may try to explain his ridiculous statement.... of course, sine it is impossible to explain he ignored me.

#144 2011-06-18 18:29:36

Canada    SgtPeppers

@depresser 

Actually It makes perfect sense, these people do not know anything about the actual theory of evolution, since anybody who has studied it in as much depth as I have could never claim that belief in evolution is based on faith

The best definition of faith, An irrational belief in that which is logically impossible

Evolution is  backed by more evidence than any scientific theory I can think of.

Theory (scientific definition): a hypothesis in which 99% or more is undisputed by the evidence

This is why creationism is not a theory

#145 2011-06-15 18:35:12

@4progress Sorry, this makes absolutely no sense...why is this?

#146 2011-06-06 03:17:53

United States    4progress

For me- requires more faith to believe in evolution than in creation.

Last edited by 4progress (2011-06-06 03:18:50)

#147 2011-05-31 18:37:50

Mexico    jorgepl

@americaneag

It doesn't sound like you have a very solid grasp of the theory of evolution. It is not merely a matter of order (first water, then vegetation, etc.). According to your view, once your god finished his "creation", dinosaurs shared the earth with complex mammals for a very long while while (along with trilobites, humans and everything ever "created"). This the evidence does not support. Furthermore, evolution is not something "you believe in" (or not). It is based on observation and making sense of objetctive evidence. If you have a glass in front of you, why "believe" it is full or empty? You just observe and reach a conclusion based on your observation. The same basic process applies for scientific knowledge, of which evolution is a part. Evolution is not only an effective explanation of the evidence found in the world, but it is also a very elegant way of solving how simplicity over time achieved amazing levels of complexity. Finally, if the full complexity of what exists in the universe was created by a god, it follows such a god would have to be at least as complex as his creation (the universe, it is estimated, has some 200 billion galaxies with an estimated 100 billion stars each). So, how did such a complex god come into existence?

#148 2011-05-31 14:46:48

United States    americaneag

@jorgepl yeah I'll have to disagree. Even though I don't beleive in evolution

quotemark1 19 And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day. 20 And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the firmament of the heavens." 21 So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." 23 And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day. 24 And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the cattle according to their kinds, and everything that creeps upon the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." quotemark2

I don't think that it contradicts the theory of evolution : first God created water, the vegetation, then animals, then man... the order is respected hum2

#149 2011-05-28 05:35:28

Canada    SgtPeppers

@americaneag We have found way more than a couple of skeletons, we have a dozen Hominid species just between the genetic separation from chimp approx. 6 million years ago and Homo Sapiens Modern, including several near perfect skeletons. The issues are
1. We have not looked for that long
2. to find complete fossils, the creature has to have been buried quickly to fossilize, then forced up by tectonic movement so we can find them.

Evolution is a proven fact, this cannot be disputed by any rational argument.

#150 2011-05-28 05:16:15

Canada    SgtPeppers

@kazak The big bang did not produce perfection, it produced an incalculable number of solar systems, with planets orbiting stars, we only know of about 50 solar systems where a planet sits in the ideal life zone, but after only about a decade with the ability to look properly there could rationally be millions of such systems, on one of them a chemical occurrence created matter with the ability to reproduce, with chemical reactions occurring on all these innumerable planets, only one definitely had this reaction, the math actually suggest that the odds favour several planets having these occurrences. This is all simple probability math, and it is all supported by fact. As for Darwin's books reading like theories
1. That is high praise, since a theory in science refers to something 95%+ proven fact
2. That is just the groundwork of evolution, the theory of Natural Selection as its driving force, not the completed concept,
3. We now have genetics, fossil record, and other modern scientific methods to prove evolution
4. How can you say that the Qu'ran or the Bible, both modified, altered and with no corroboration by science, can even be remotely compared to original texts from an observer who was not even neutral, but biased in favour of creationist beliefs, which he wanted to prove scientifically, and all corroborated by people around him while he wrote them (in comparison, the writers of the gospels wrote them when everyone who had actually spoken to Jesus was dead)

Last edited by SgtPeppers (2011-05-28 05:28:11)

#151 2011-05-26 17:51:49

@kazak preposterous theory? This theory has been proved correct time and time again but never mind, i am just repeating what others have already said on this thread

#152 2011-05-26 17:50:19

@kazak what an incredibly inaccurate, speculation based hypothesis. The Earth could have supported life even if there was no land or even if there was much less water. Comets hitting the Earth did not contain "alien thingies" life came from biological compounds!. Life can occur in much more surprising places than you may think..........

#153 2011-05-25 15:38:18

France    fra2591

@jorgepl  

For religious people to say that the quran or the bible are their "proofs" is erroneous. It may be the origin of their faith, but faith in itself is defined as belief without proof. Otherwise, it is called "knowledge". 

agree

#154 2011-05-23 22:42:27

Mexico    jorgepl

Valso wrote:

"Look at the facts!!! Stop being blind!!
That doesn't mean God didn't create the earth."

Actually, the implications of the theory of evolution plus what is now known about the formation of the universe strongly point to the fact that no god is needed to explain anything that exists.

Evolution posits that simplicity can develop into complexity given enough time. If complexity was created all of a sudden, then any such creator god would by necessity need to be more complex than his creation. How did that god come to be?

For religious people to say that the quran or the bible are their "proofs" is erroneous. It may be the origin of their faith, but faith in itself is defined as belief without proof. Otherwise, it is called "knowledge".

#155 2011-05-23 15:02:33

France    fra2591

@kazak First of all Darwin's theory is not what we call the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution we teach nowadays in schools is inspired by Darwin's theory, but is a lot more complex. Darwin's work had a lot of gaps and franckly it was only observations and a theory. After, scientists prooved this theory. They dated the bones of tens of thusands of creatures and thus established the time period in which creatures lived. Then, you only have to use logic. As for the creation of the earth, it was alsmot impossible for life to happen. Yea well it happened in several billion years... it's not like it happened in a year. And if you think about it, without life to notice the universe, what wouldbe the point of having a univers? it would be like it never existed. So life mathematically HAD to happen. It had too. Even if it took 100 billion years.

#156 2011-05-23 08:53:31

United Kingdom    kazak

@fra2591 I know the quaran isn't proof,but it is more believable than reading Darwin's book,both books could be considered a theory,most people read the bible(which has been altered by man) and it can certainly leave you with justified doubts,so in answer to that I refer to my previous comment,this planet and  surrounding planets are postioned in absolute perfection to sustain life,luck? people could reasonably think so,so the big bang produced absolute perfection,even later on allowing the precise amount of ice hitting earth,not to little,not to much,---- billion,billion,billion gallons were ordered and that amount hit the earth,bullseye,that collison never sent earth into orbit again, it must have planned it's entry missing the moon and other planets, it was a miracle and wait,it contained micro alien thingies, incredible, but there's more,they became tadpoles,frogs, then grew hair and changed into monkeys,now if Darwin had said man could possibly start sprouting wings, he would have been considered a baboon,(previously a frog),we are debating the unknown and miracle upon incredulous accidents x billions of mishaps resulting in man and his continuing survival,I prefer to worship a creator,:hum:

#157 2011-05-23 04:50:17

Norway    Jpreisser

There are a lot of gaps in this theory. If everything is proven why haven't scientists already discovered the missing link? Basically :

something before monkeys and men ==> ??? ==> ??? ==> homo erectus (a couple of completely destroyed squeletons found) ==> man
This is not enough to convince me. 

The usually missing link and gap theory argument. Christians continuously use these as tools to try and bolster their arguments. Clearly there are MANY unanswered questions (e.g. How life started). Let us just imagine that we are all in a classroom and a teacher who has no bias asks us how the world was created, one of you raises your hand and says "God created Earth!" and then continues to explain the method in wich it was created. You would be dismissed because the utter lack of any evidence that you have. The bible and the quran are not worthwhile assumptions, hence why we should distance our self from these books. Continuously spreading discernibly false information is pernicious to humankind.

Science has progressed exponentially in the last century and continues to do so. We don`t need the bibe for anything. Christian apologies only last for so long because when it is time to put up or shut up christians and jews have but ancient texts written by illiterate hebrew sheephearders to bolster their already diluted claims.

To address the missing link, gap theory thing: Scientists do not have the 'complete' human fossil record but they have a lot and fossils are just one of many methods they use to support the evolutionist theory. In fact they are lucky enough to have that many fossils because bones rarely fossilize. They are dealing with millions of years so naturally they are going to have gaps.  Research yourself the anatomical, cellular, and genetic similarities of life.

If you don`t believe evolution is true that is fine, just take time to evaluate as much information as you can before making a judgement.

#158 2011-05-22 22:07:19

France    fra2591

@kazak the Quoran isn't a proof. That's the problem bro. However there are scientific proofs that evolution happened.
WHat do you answer for the dinosaure thing? They obviously existed millions of years ago, and no longer. So if one species disapeared, why couldn't have thousand of others?

#159 2011-05-22 18:32:15

France    Doo Pee

In my opinion, We're not Certain if we evolved or what. But I beleive Religion is getting in the way of the answer facepalm

#160 2011-05-22 04:19:07

United Kingdom    kazak

what it boils down to is "I believe  this",make your choice,me I believe there is a God and my proof is the Quaran but I don't expect you to say"well,thats it,stupid me thinking otherwise,I now believe"you might believe Darwin,if a nuclear scientist teaches me something in  technical terms I will probably believe him as I assume he's experienced and knows what he is on about,with Darwin I believe that he made it up as he went long but i believe thet if I spent a lifetime studying something I would also make something up then admit after 60 years I still have'nt got the faintest clue, also it's strange how a man then, without todays technology came up with such a preposterous theory.

Board footer

Created by AFL, powered by FluxBB
© 2011 theworlddebating.com